Tennis is a very stressful game and can make you go through many injuries on a knee stress. Braces are very helpful in preventing injuries, supporting your movement while playing tennis, recovering from Pain, and relieving the pain.
You can always choose best knee brace for tennis recording to your level of game. If you are a professional tennis player, practicing whole day long, and are going through stress or injury of the knee, then tennis knee braces should be your priority
In this article you will come why knee braces are important, what are different types of knee braces, what are different levels of knee braces, Top ten best Seller knee braces, how to choose right brace for yourself, and questions and answers that may rise in your mind.
Knee braces are undoubtedly important in time of severe injury or to prevent injuries, but choosing the right one will not be an easy task especially if you choose best knee brace for tennis. If you want to know more about choosing the best knee brace for your individual needs with your tennis knee support guide, it will be more easy and enjoyable less time taking task for you.
When to use tennis Knee Brace
Braces are used if you have knee pain or if you want to avoid injuries during high-contact sports where you think you are more likely to have a knee injury. Knee pads are useful for rehabilitation purposes, such as after an ACL injury. The brace provides slow and limited movement so that the patient can persistently restore their motor movement. Knees also help with rheumatoid arthritis by helping in reducing pain, relieving pain, and inflammation. Always listen to what your doctor says when it comes to use a brace.
While selecting a best knee brace for tennis players, you should go for maximum protection between 1 and 3+. Braces come in 3 different levels according to the requirement of the user.
- Level 1 brace provide less support, but more flexibility, like a knee sleeve. It is best suited for pain relief and light to moderate support.
- Level 2 brace will provide you more protection as compared to the brace of level 1; being less flexible they still allow more movement. Some good examples are wraparound braces or knee straps. Mostly, Provide support during ligament instability or tendonitis by alleviating the knee.
- Level 3 support, like a knee protection hinge, provides maximum support but gives limited movement. Most of the times these type of braces are heavy. It is best suited for postoperative recovery, where knee movement must be limited to prevent recurrence. To advance one step, it is always possible to select more than 3 levels to ensure maximum protection. This level is best suited for dealing pain relief or severe disability.
- Types of Knee Braces:
- Top 10 best knee brace for tennis players [comparison chart]
- 1. Shock doctor 872 knee brace
- 2. DonJoy reaction Web Tennis Knee support brace
- 3. Oliomp Knee Brace ACL, LCL, MCL
- 4. Mueller Self adjusting Knee Stabilizer
- 5. Pure support knee brace
- 6. OMERIL Knee Compression Brace
- 7. Cosywell knee brace support adjustable strapping
- 8.Arrow Splints Knee Brace
- 9. Modvel Knee Compression brace 2 Pack
- 10. Winzone Knee Brace by ComfyMed Review
- Which type of Brace Should we choose?
Types of Knee Braces:
Some various types of best knee brace for tennis players which we can use, such as sleeves, wraparound, straps and hinged braces.
- Knee sleeves are of different types and you can move them directly to your knee. They squeeze the knee to help control inflammation and pain. The sleeves are comfortable and can be pulled under clothes.
- Wraparound/double wrap braces are suitable for athletes with mild to moderate knee pain and provide more support than the sleeves. They are easy to remove and also one can wear them more easily and can also be used during training. They do not weight like hinged braces.
- Hinged Knee braces are often used after surgery on patients and athletes who need more protection and support. These types of braces keep the knee in the correct position when it is bent to help heal and prevent further injury. After Surgery mostly doctors recommend you these braces during the healing process. Hinged hinges are firm providing less support than sturdy braces.
- Knee Strap: If you are suffering from knee pain or some other disease like Jumper’s Knee strap or Runner’s or patella tracking. It can play an important role in providing relief. It is wearable under the clothes and can easily be put on. Wearing this strap helps in prevention of many diseases like patella injuries and helps in reducing knee pain by compressing patellar tendon.
- Closed and open patella braces can be confusing when you see some braces with an open patella and others with a closed patella. Braces with open knee skin provide relief for knee pressure and additional support for knee cap with good movement and monitoring. Closed patella braces, on the other hand, provide compression to the knee with the same pressure as the remaining knee and excessive support. If in doubt, ask your doctor about the best options according to your condition.
How Tight Should the Brace Be?
While using best knee brace for tennis players you feel compression or rigidity around your knee. Brace should always provide comfort according to the need of one brace is being used. But if the brace is tight and you lose circulation, it’s time to loosen the brace straps or choose a larger brace. Strong braces give maximum support and provide stable feel, while compressed sleeves allow for more movement but less support. Use the measurement chart to determine the circumference, the distance below the center of the knee around the knee.
Top 10 best knee brace for tennis players [comparison chart]
||Check On Amazon|
||Check On Amazon|
||Check On Amazon|
||Check On Amazon|
||Check On Amazon|
||Check On Amazon|
||Check On Amazon|
||Check On Amazon|
||Check On Amazon|
||Check On Amazon|
1. Shock doctor 872 knee brace
If you are looking for an excellent experience for your knee support then 872 doctor best knee brace for tennis players is the best choice. It is a pre curved Anatomical Taper design that is designed for the comfort and compression fit for both upper and lower leg and is best knee brace for tennis.
For a confident move the kneecap is protected and secured firmly. The performance level of the brakes is 2 that mean it is moderate support for unstable joints, moderate Sprains, and muscle strains. It has stabilizer that are integrated flexible.
The mesh is breathable, and for therapeutic warmth and fast healing N-TexTM is used. For stabilizing the knee cap and protecting it the patella is padded with buttress. For an easy gripful convenient finger tabs are fitted.
2. DonJoy reaction Web Tennis Knee support brace
The Donjoy knee brace provides you basic Knee sleeve that is a web approach to your knee pain. It is designed by a well-known orthopedic surgeon Dr. William. This knee brace not only increases your function but also decrease your knee pain and give you an active lifestyle. For shock absorption elastomeric web is used that shifts the pain away from the knee and disperses the energy.
For pain reduction webbing is used that stabilizes the kneecap. The framework of elastomeric web with mesh backing provides breathable solution and a comfortable fit and it is a relief for the interior pain of knee. The Velcro steps added to the brace weigh only 0.5 lbs.
The design is lightweight thus it is ideal for all day use. The brace is helpful in preventing injuries like patellar tendinosis, runner’s knee, PFPS Etc. These phrases are well known among the professionals of tennis, football, and volleyball.
3. Oliomp Knee Brace ACL, LCL, MCL
For knee pain reduction oliomp has introduced strong enclosure stabilized patella. For compression and support around the knee cap open patella design is used. For better knee cap stability and protection 4 flexible spring stabilizers are provided. Lightweight and breathable neoprene is used no slip silicon is added.
No slip silicone allows uniformity and keeps the braces stable and comfortable all day long. It is very comfortable for patients with tendonitis and arthritis. Gel pad is added that helps in swelling and inflammation. These braces provide you exercise performance and knee mobility.
If you maximum support then these Braces are the perfect choice. These are best for gymnastics, yoga, walking, running, jogging, tennis, gym, or any others activity. The braces always come with guarantee.
4. Mueller Self adjusting Knee Stabilizer
The feature that makes knee stabilizer different from others is its soft neoprene blend that helps in retaining heat what circulation and helps in promoting healing. The design is wrapped around design that makes the stabilizer easy to take off and put on. It is recommended as best knee brace for tennis and for arthritis knee conditions and minor strains.
It offers self-adjusting straps Chin compression and adjustable support. Body heat is retained that have in relieving the pain with the help of circulation. The size is universal and fits everyone.
Pure support knee brace is one of the best sellers. It is ideal for athletes, joggers, weightlifters, teenagers, sports professionals, construction workers, nurses, in short for everyone. It is designed for both males and females.
The design is not made one size fits all and it is a perfect snug fit for every person. The braces should fit perfectly because there is no point of using the loose fit or a tighter one because both will make you feel uncomfortable. That is why the braces are introduced in different sizes.
For additional support, new compression technology is used that helps in Arthritis patella and meniscus tear. The present helps in boosting your athletic performance. For preventing injuries, improving blood circulation, and faster recovery optimum compression technology is used.
The braces are made up of high quality neoprene rubber that is why it is super elastic and skin friendly. For stable support triple adjustable thickness design is built in. The universal size knee is comfortable for 12 to 18 inches.
For reducing the pressure on the knee patella silicone cushions are used that makes it easier for moving, bending and does not irritate the skin. Non-slip grip design is used that wraps the knee firmly while the player is sweating and helps in achieving great performance.
It is very supportive for acute and chronic knee joint pain. It is suitable for avoiding Knee injuries with the help of adjustable knee pad. The braces are very supportive for any activity that follows with stress on the joints such as tennis, golf, basketball, and running, etc.
7. Cosywell knee brace support adjustable strapping
The design is made Universal that’s why it fits most of the people. It fits the adults perfectly thus when you go for buying it you will never be disappointed about the wrong size. Two springs are added on each side of the knee pad along with the Silicon pad which helps in reducing pressure on the knee joint while you are going through a vigorous exercise.
Soft gel pads are added in the knee pads that help in alleviating the impact of exercise on the cheekbones and put less stress while doing knee flexion. The straps are stretchable thus it can easily be wrapped around any size of knee. For achieving best results you can adjust the sports trap according to your comfort.
Fine perforated fabric is used on the outer layer of the knee pads thus it helps in facilitating sweat discharge. And for the inner layer fast absorbent fabric is used that helps in keeping the knees dry. High quality fabrics are used for comfortable exercise.
The brace has built in dual side stabilizer and for tennis knee support open patella design is used. Double wave non slip grip is used for protection against unwanted movement. The brace comes with warranty. Arrow is one of the well-known companies producing this in America and their product is best for knee rehabilitation.
Whether it is about sports or working or a walk the knee braces offer a complete protection for sports activities like tennis, Football, Volleyball, running, basketball etc. It is also perfect for people with torn meniscus, ligament tear, post-operative care, and for complete joint pain relief.
Premium neoprene is used that helps in maintaining optimal joint temperature. The signature fabric of Arrow helps in keeping the knee dry whole day. You can wear the knee sleeve with the knee brace for additional support.
9. Modvel Knee Compression brace 2 Pack
Modvel knee compression brace is perfect for pull on closure. The brace supports and stabilize the joint. It is not only for injury but it is suitable for arthritis pain relief and is suitable for wearing every day. The brace is perfect for activities such as baseball, tennis, basketball, hiking and much more when it comes about the stress on the joints.
The brace will merely come in between your way because of the ergonomic design that helps in providing support to the knee joint. Breathable and comfortable material is used that helps in your movement and helps you in staying active.
The brace comes in various sizes and for that you need to consult the size chart to check out your size and the support team is always happy in guiding the right braces. It is equally great fit for both men and women.
10. Winzone Knee Brace by ComfyMed Review
The brace comes with open patella design that helps in compression and support around the tendon and kneecap areas for reducing the stress and for healing the injuries during intense exercises. It is perfect fit for left and right knee and is suitable for both men and women.
The straps are adjustable and attached with the help of Velcro exterior point that helps in preventing slippage. The brace super comfortable and does not restrict your movement. The feel is soft and can be worn over or under the clothing.
More support to the knee is offered by bevel 2 straps that help in relieving chronic and acute knee pain. It is ideal for preventing sports injuries, the best knee brace for tennis, and for post-surgery recovery. The braces come with a warranty.
Which type of Brace Should we choose?
The right knee brace for you depends on the support you need or what your doctor recommends. This decision is based on whether you recover from the operation, what injury you have, and how much knee movement is needed.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Tennis Knee Brace
- Comfort and stability
It is undeniable that the knee brace should be providing stability and support in mean time. The absence of these things prevents it from performing its functions properly. The best knee support for tennis is both comfortable and sturdy, so you can focus on training without having to change your braces.
- Durability and quality
The best knee braces are sturdy. Tennis is a tedious game and the exercises can take hours. Your knee braces should maintain the damage and maintain the same level throughout the game.
- Costs and expenses
The cost and value of the knee brace depend on your need and budget.
Tennis Knee brace Questions and answers
- Is it helpful in wearing knee brace while exercising?
Knee brace is very helpful in relieving extra pain and stress from your knees and joints does if you are performing moderate exercise using a brace is very good for the health of your joints. It helps in your movement and it will relieve extra stress.
- Can we wear knee brace whole day?
Yes if the instructions that come with the braces mention that it is suitable for you to wear the brace whole day, then you can wear it. If you have any particular injury or you are participating in any sport activity then make sure that you are wearing proper brace that helps you in your movement and injury.
- Why the knees hurt after playing tennis?
Tennis is a very stressful game and it can put a lot of pressure on your knees. If you are not going through some injury or knee issues then you should wear brace while playing tennis that will help in relieving extra stress from your knees.
- How to choose a knee brace
Knee breeches come in three different levels and you need to decide which level is suitable for you. Level 1 provides the least support whereas level 3 gives you the maximum support.
The best knee brace for tennis is very helpful for releasing the pain and stress from the knees and joints for the people playing tennis and for people suffering from any kind of knee injury. Tennis knee braces come in three different levels, the level 1 gives the least support whereas level 2 provides moderate support, and level 3 provides maximum support. There are many best sellers available in the market for example winzone, donjoy, pure etc. The braces help you in your tennis gameplay and your recovery from knee issues. You can always choose the best brace for you according to the level of support required, quality of the brace and the market value.
More Helpful Stuff